PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY:
FuzzYard Pty Ltd (ACN 122 729 891) understands the importance of protecting your right to privacy of your personal information. We have policies and appropriate procedures in place to ensure that all personal information, no matter how or where it is obtained, is handled sensitively, securely, and as required by the law. We are committed to adhering to the Australian Privacy Principles (APP), which set clear standards for the collection, access, storage and use of personal information, which may be obtained as part of our business operations.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED:
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during promotions, via social media, competitions, special events, or;
- if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment. We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect information about you from your nominated referees, where you have authorised us to do so.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information we collect is in most cases supplied by you when you place an order, register on our website to receive direct marketing materials, open an account with us or to provide feedback to us. Personal information may include:
- name and contact details (eg. delivery address, phone number, email address);
- date of birth;
- other information you may supply us;
- transaction information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so we can:
- provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- facilitate the running of, and your participation in, loyalty programs;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way FuzzYard and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- better understand your requirements and preferences and improve our service to you;
- consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities;
- assess your suitability for a position with us, if you are a candidate for employment;
YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS:
From time-to-time FuzzYard may send you electronic marketing material - but only ever in accordance with the provisions of Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time:
- Open any newsletter sent to you by FuzzYard.
- Scroll to the bottom of the newsletter and click 'Unsubscribe'.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application; and
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
Whenever you visit our website, our servers automatically record information about your usage of our website through 'cookies' and clickstream data.
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer or mobile device. Cookies and clickstream data are used to maintain session information between your browser and our website and identify things related to your use of the website such as the time, date and URL of the pages you visit, your IP address, your location and browser software. Some computers and mobile devices also permit your location to be shared with us (often referred to as geo-location data). Most browsers can notify you when a new cookie is received, or let you turn off cookies or geo-location services altogether. Turning off these services may mean some features on our website are not available to you.
We use information obtained this way in order to learn about your preferences so that we may improve our website and the service offered through it.
We take all reasonable steps to protect all personal or company information from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some information is kept for a number of years to comply with applicable legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer needed is destroyed or de-identified.
From time to time and in line with customer expectations and legislative changes, our privacy policies and procedures will be reviewed and, if appropriate, updated. This policy was last updated in September 2015.
BREACHES OF PRIVACY:
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by FuzzYard, please contact us at email@example.com and we will resolve the issue.
FuzzYard reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.